SYNERGO ACCT TRAININGS
LEVEL I PRACTITIONER
- 40 hours spread out over 4 days along with 1 additional day for testing. Attendance is required all 4 days.
- All trainings are hosted at YMCA Camp Collins located 30 minutes east of Portland, Oregon. All meals and lodging are included in the final cost. Camp Collins's accomodations are spacious, rustic and cozy cabins and lodges.
- Testing is held separate from the 40 hours. There will be a comprehensive written and practical test and participants need to pass both with a minimum of 80% correct to become certified. (Certain aspects of the test must be passed with 100%)
- This is a 1 year certificate that needs to be renewed annually.
- There are no prerequisites for this course. Prior training is not needed but a general familiarity of challenge courses and their programs will help greatly.
- Minimum age for this certification is 18 years old on the date of certification completion.
2018 TRAINING DATES
*Keep in mind that we have three options: attend the full training (including training plus certification), attend just the training (if you're not expecting certification, you do not have to attend the final day) or just attend recertification day. You'll notice that each recertification date is the last day of training.
Full Training Dates:
October 17 - 21, 2018
March 27- 31, 2019
June 5-9, 2019
October 21, 2018
November 4, 2018
March 31, 2019
April 14, 2019
June 9, 2019
October TBC, 2019
November TBC, 2019
- Design and develop programs that align with the philosophy, and ethical standards that drive the program
- Develop an awareness of appropriate knowledge of personal abilities and shortfalls as they pertain to facilitation
- Gain understanding of the certification model, using a facilitation portfolio and co continuing education in the field
- Have an understanding of the differences from one challenge course to the next and how this will affect facilitation
- Communicate effectively with other staff and groups
- Conduct needs assessment of group
- Design and deliver a program that meets the needs of the group
- Assess individual and group readiness to use elements
- Briefing and frontloading skills (taking into account the group demographics, needs, desires, and dynamics)
- Debriefing and processing skills (taking into account the group demographics, needs, desires, and dynamics)
- Responding appropriately to changes in group or individual dynamics
- Set-up and take down of challenge course elements
- Basic care and maintenance of challenge course elements and equipment
- What to be aware of during daily challenge course assessments
- Rappelling, and belaying
- Spotting assessment, instruction, and use
- Challenge course rescue procedures (understanding and recognizing but not implementing)
- Basic challenge course policies and procedures, industry standards, local operating procedures
- Training Only: $630 – 4 days of training, includes room and board
- Training and Certification Testing: $750 – 4 days of training, 1 day of testing, includes room and board
- Certification Test Only: $120 – 1 day of testing, includes lunch
- Note – We require a 50% deposit to secure your training spot(s). We will send you an invoice once we receive your registration form.