SYNERGO ACCT TRAININGS
Two Speciality Options: Commercial Manager (Adventure Parks & Zip Tours) or Challenge Course Manager
- All trainings are hosted at YMCA Camp Collins located 30 minutes east of Portland, Oregon. All meals and lodging are included in the final cost. Camp Collins accomodations are "camp-style rustic" but incredibly comfortable compared with most.
- Course Manager Trainees will choose from two specialties: Challenge Course or Commercial Operations (Adventure Parks and Zip Tours)
- 30 hours spread out over 3 days along with 1 additional day for testing. Attendance is required all 3 days.
- Testing is held on a separate day. There will be a comprehensive written and practical test, and participants need to pass both with a minimum of 80% correct to become certified. (Certain aspects of the test must be passed with 100%)
- This is a 5 year certificate.
- Minimum age for this certification is 21 years old on the date of certification completion.
- Level 2 Certification (or equivalent) is required to take the Course Manager Certification.
- 500 diverse documented facilitation hours (presented in the facilitator’s portfolio) are required before registration for the Challenge Course Manager Certification.
- 1,000 documented guide-specific hours (presented in the guide’s portfolio) are required before registration for the Zip/Adventure Course Manager Certification.
- Design and develop programs that align with the philosophy, and ethical standards that drive the group they are working with.
- Develop an awareness of appropriate knowledge of their personal abilities and shortfalls as they pertain to facilitation in the programs they will be running.
- Understand the certification model, use a facilitator’s portfolio and receive continuing education in the field.
- Have an understanding of how courses are different and how this will affect their facilitation.
- Communicate effectively with other staff and groups.
- Conduct needs assessment of group.
- Design and deliver a program that meets the needs of the group.
- Assess individual and groups readiness to use elements.
- Briefing and frontloading skills (taking into account the group demographics, needs, desires, and dynamics).
- Debriefing and processing skills (taking into account the group demographics, needs, desires, and dynamics).
- Respond appropriately to changes in group or individual dynamics.
- Set-up and take down challenge course elements.
- Basic care and maintenance of challenge course elements and equipment.
- What to be aware of during daily challenge course assessments.
- Rappelling and belaying.
- Spotting assessment instruction and use.
- Challenge course rescue procedures (understand, recognize and implement).
- Basic challenge course policies and procedures, industry standards, local operating procedures.
- Basic and intermediate rescues and assists.
- Access climbing.
- Training Only: $TBD, 3 days of training, includes room and board
- Training and Certification Testing: $TBD, 3 days of training, 1 day of testing, includes room and board
- Note – We require a 50% deposit to secure your training spot(s). We will send you an invoice once we receive your registration form.
2018 TRAINING DATES
*All Course Manager trainees must attend the full training, including the final certification day. Due to the density of valuable information in this specific training, we do not allow previous Course Managers to test out or re-certify without attending the entire training.
Course Manager Training Dates:
January 11 - 14, 2018
To register for one of our next Course Manager trainings, please choose one of the links below.