SYNERGO ACCT TRAININGS
Two Speciality Options: Commercial Manager (Adventure Parks & Zip Tours) or Challenge Course Manager
- Course Manager Trainees will choose from two specialties: Challenge Course or Commercial Operations (Adventure Parks and Zip Tours)
- 30 hours spread out over 3 days along with 1 additional day for testing. Attendance is required all 3 days.
- Testing is held on a separate day. There will be a comprehensive written and practical test, and participants need to pass both with a minimum of 80% correct to become certified. (Certain aspects of the test must be passed with 100%)
- This is a 5 year certificate.
- Anyone wishing to take the CM test must attend the full training, including the final certification day. Due to the density of valuable information in this specific training, we do not allow previous Course Managers to test out or re-certify without attending the entire training.
- Minimum age for this certification is 21 years old on the date of certification completion.
- Level 2 Certification (or equivalent) is required to take the Course Manager Certification.
- 500 diverse documented facilitation hours (presented in the facilitator’s portfolio) are required before registration for the Challenge Course Manager Certification.
- 1,000 documented guide-specific hours (presented in the guide’s portfolio) are required before registration for the Zip/Adventure Course Manager Certification.
This training aims to better prepare the trainee in management and oversight of a site. Trainees will gain information on and have opportunity for discussion around topics such as:
- Insurance and Liability
- ACCT Standards and what’s new in the industry
- Gear and Equipment selection
- PR, Marketing and Media
- Risk Management
- Crisis Management
- Staffing including Training and Supervision
- Policies and Procedures Manuals and Operational Documents
- Mission, Ethics and Culture
Trainings are hosted at the Synergo Office located 20 minutes South of Portland, Oregon.
Fees include 4 lunches and 3 dinners.
Please note that the cost does not include lodging, leaving you the freedom to pick a place to stay that works for you!
You may wish to rent a car depending on where you choose to stay, if you are within 3 miles of the Synergo Office we may be able to assist with transportation to and from PDX and also at the beginning and end of each day.
- Training and Certification Testing: $675, 3 days of training, 1 day of testing, includes lunch on all 4 days and evening meals on the first 3 days.
- Note – We require a 50% deposit to secure your training spot(s). We will send you an invoice once we receive your registration form.
2018 TRAINING DATES
Course Manager Training Dates:
January 8 - 11, 2019
To register for one of our next Course Manager trainings, please choose one of the links below.