*NEW* Zip Line Guide - Full Certification Training - Coming Fall 2015
Synergo is now offering an open-enrollment Zip Line Guide Full Certification training for new and veteran guides alike. Anyone interested in diving into the world of Zip Line and Canopy Tours for the first time should attend all five days. Experienced guides who are interested in learning more about the industry, seeing new products on the market, improving their skills and (re)learning a variety of rescues skills will greatly benefit from this training as well. Designed for all levels of experience - sign up for just one day or all five. If you have any questions about the best individualized training plan that will meet your needs, please contact DeAnna Pickett through the Synergo office. Meals and Lodging are not provided, unless otherwise noted, however there are affordable options nearby. Please bring a sack lunch each day you are attending.
This five day training agenda includes:
Monday, October 12th: 10am to 5pm
• Zip Guiding 101. Including an experiential demonstration of Pumpkin Ridge Zip Tour and an introduction to being a Sending Guide
Tuesday, October 13th: 9am to 5pm
• Sending Guide Skills cont.
Wednesday, October 14th: 9am to 4pm
• Zip Guiding 201. Sending Guide rescue skills and an introduction to being a Lead Guide
Wednesday Night 6:30 to 9:30 - Classroom knowledge information to prepare for the certification test. This will take place at our Synergo office - dinner will be provided.
Thursday, October 15th: 9am to 5pm
• Lead Guiding and Rescues
Friday, October 16th: 9am to 5pm
• Group management and interpersonal skills
This training is a great way for beginners to learn the fundamentals of guiding as well as for experienced guides to gain a broader knowledge of the industry. If interested in learning more, please contact our office and ask for DeAnna.
Cost: Cost is $525 for the week or
$115 per day - 10% off if 2015 Inspection was done by Synergo
Zip Guide Testing
Tuesday, October 27th: 9am to 4pm
If interested in gaining a "Zip Line Guide Full Certification" that is transferable and aligns with the ACCT Practitioner Certification Standards one must:
• Pass a comprehensive written test with 80%
• Demonstrate overall competence on a practical skills test
• Show 40 hours of professional training in a portfolio, due at the time of testing. (The Zip Line Guide Training on October 12th-16th is approved as professional training - please call DeAnna directly for individual training questions)
Synergo offers three practitioner certification trainings: Level 1 Practitioner Certification, Level 2 Practitioner Certification and Course Manager Certification. These certifications align with the Association for Challenge Course Technology (ACCT) Practitioner Certification Standards. Synergo has been reviewed and accredited to offer these certifications as an ACCT Professional Vendor Member (PVM). The Level 2 Practitioner Certification and Course Manager Certification require a facilitator's portfolio to attend.